Sunday, May 7, 2017

Stitch Fix Review #35--March 2017

This is my March Stitch Fix review...in May. I am soooo behind in my posts, but I have several other irons in the fire that are taking up the majority of my time right now. If you want to see what else I've been up to, follow my Facebook page, Mrs. Pennsylvania American Beauty 2017. :)

Anyway, here's my belated March Stitch Fix review:

For this Fix, I asked for spring pieces, since the weather was starting to warm up in PA.

1. Beauport Maria Textured Knit Dress--$78

This dress was fine. But just fine...nothing special about it, and I have other dresses that I like better. Plus, it looked like I had a black widow spider marking across my abdomen.

Verdict: Returned

2. 41Hawthorn Crue Belted Trench Jacket--$98

When I saw this in my Fix, I thought "Oh great, the last thing I need is another jacket." Well, I was wrong, I DID need another jacket. This fit great, and was a really high-quality trench. Although you can't see from the photo, it's fully lined, and it has just the right amount of stretch to it.

Verdict: Kept
P.S. Since getting this jacket in March, I've worn it almost weekly. It's perfect for both work, and casual weekends.

3. Market & Spruce Abberley Cut Out Detail Knit Top--$48

Front of the top

And the back.
It's a striped top. It's meh. I have a lot of navy striped tops, so this one wasn't worth keeping.

Verdict: Returned

4. Tinsel Dina Cargo Skinny Pant--$58

5. Fun2Fun Cueto Pleat Front Blouse--$44

So, these pants. They're flesh colored. And they're skinny jeans. So it looks like they are sausage casing for my legs. Let's just say these were a solid "no."

The top, again, was okay. It was a flowered top. Nothing special, and it was a little short waisted for me.

Verdict: Both returned

This was my 35th Fix, and I feel like I've been getting a lot more misses than hits lately, so I decided to pair down my Fixes from monthly to every other month. My next Fix will be here in May, so if anything, I'll have even more time to procrastinate between blog posts.

On a side note, I have really been enjoying using LeTote, because I have more freedom to pick the things that I want, and I can get a tote as frequently as I would like. Maybe it's just the control freak in me. If you're interested in LeTote, here is a blog post where I reviewed my tote. It's also gives more of an explanation of the service.

If you are interested in trying Stitch Fix (maybe you'll have better luck), here are the deets. It's a service where a stylist will pick out 5 pieces of clothing for you, based on an extensive profile that you complete. You pay $20 for the service, but if you keep something, that $20 will be deducted from your bill. If you purchase all 5 pieces, you receive a 25% discount.

If you would like to give it a try, here's my referral link. If you use my link, I'll get $25 toward my next Fix.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment