Sunday, January 8, 2017

FabFitFun Review--Winter 2016

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. For this post, I have something a bit different. I've done my very first unboxing video of the FabFitFun Winter 2016 box. My video savvy daughter helped me with it, and hopefully, I'll get a bit smoother with these as time goes on.

If you're not familiar with FabFitFun, it's a  quarterly subscription box service where you get full-size quality items for a fraction of the cost--all with the theme of receiving things that are Fab, Fit, and Fun. It's $49.99 for a box, and they send out boxes in September, December, March, and June. You can also sign up for a select membership, which is $179.99 for the year, and you have the opportunity to personalize some of your items. The retail price of all of the items that you receive in your box is usually in the $200+ range.

The Winter 2016 box is the third box that I've received, but my first as a select member. Below is my unboxing video, but I've also posted below it an overview of what I received.



FabFitFun Winter 2016 Box Review


The box is always a super cute design, and everything is packaged really well. It also comes with a booklet that tells you a bit more about the items that you received in your box.


1. D.L. & Co Candle--$45

The Blackberry Nectar-scented candle smelled really nice, plus it's a soy-blend candle. As a select member, I had the opportunity to choose this scent or the Bergamot Woods. I went with the blackberry smell, rather than the woodsy smell. The candle holder is also really decorative.

2. Starlight Children's Foundation--FabFitFun Charity
This pin was a nice surprise. It's to support the Starlight Children's Foundation, which is FabFitFun's charity. Starlight's mission is to brighten the lives of seriously ill children.

3. O.R.G. Skincare Mineral Peel Face--$44

I've used this several times already, and it's pretty nice. It's in a spray bottle, and after I spray it on and wash it off, my skin does feel smoother.

4. Marie Mae Company Thank You Card Set--$24


These are really cute thank-you notes for those times when you need to send a thank you in a pinch. Since they say "Cheers" on the front, these would be more for my personal life, than when I need a professional thank you note.

5. Anderson Lilley Beach Butter Body Cream--$24

I love this cream! It's really thick and is great for the winter, since my skin gets so dry. There were two scent options available--the Winter in Manhattan Beach and Sicilian Tangerine. I just got this particular scent at random, and if given the choice, I probably wouldn't have chosen this one, but I do really like it.

6. Butter London Iconoclast Mega Volume Lacquer Mascara--$20
I've been using this mascara almost daily since I've received it. There is a bulb shape at the end of the wand that catches and separates your lashes that I really like. I would have never tried this mascara if it wasn't for FabFitFun, so that's a win!

7. Moleskine 2017 Weekly Planner--$20.95
 I use my phone for most of my info, but I've been using this planner to keep track of my expenses (one of my 2017 resolutions). There's something satisfying about using an old-school planner. Plus, it comes with fun stickers to keep track of birthdays, etc. This planner came in both purple and green, but as a select member, I got to choose my color.

8.  Gorjana Necklace--$75

I love Gorjana jewelry, so I was excited to see I was getting some in this box. I had a choice of this gold lariat necklace or a silver double pendant necklace. I've worn this necklace a few times, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The necklace gets all twisted up and is almost impossible to untwist. I almost had to break it to get it off, because I couldn't get it untwisted to slide the lariat down to get it off my neck. It's a cute necklace, but if I paid $75 for it, I would have been disappointed.

9. Bonus add-on: Armpocket Arm Band for iPhone--$14

This was an add-on that I added to my box. A few weeks before the boxes ship, you get the opportunity to purchase add-ons to your box that are in addition to the price of your box. The add-on are items you can get at a discount. I think the retail price for this armband is in the $20 range. I've been wanting one of these for a while, so I grabbed it when I had the chance.

Overall, I have been pleased with this box. I've used everything that I've gotten. The total retail price of the box is $252.95 (minus my add-on), so $49.99 is a pretty good deal. If you'd like to give FabFitFun a try, here's my referral link.

Happy 2017, and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment