Saturday, March 11, 2017

Stitch Fix Review #33--January 2017

I'm woefully behind on my Stitch Fix reviews. I got this Fix at the end of December, even though it was my January Fix. Apologies for the delay, and fingers crossed that I get my Februry and March reviews up soon!

For this Fix, I asked for a cozy, yet sparkly, sweater for New Year's Eve. We always just have a low-key evening for NYE, so I wanted to be comfy, yet festive. Check out my Fix #33:

There's a lot of burgundy and black in this Fix.
For the month of December, Stitch Fix was including a scratch-off ticket in all Fixes. I had the potential to win a Stitch Fix gift card.
Womp! Womp! No winner for me this time.

 1. Gilli Jasmine Printed Pencil Skirt--$48

Sorry for the messy room pictures, but the weather in Pennsylvania in December isn't conducive to taking photos outside.

This skirt wasn't bad, but it was unlined, and just a bit too similar to other skirts that I have in my closet. I just felt it wasn't worth keeping.

Verdict: Returned

2. Erica Taylor Karen Printed Straight Leg Pant--$88

  These are really similar in style to the Emers that are really popular with Stitch Fix. I have several pairs of Emers, and I love them. These Erica Taylor pants were no exception. They are comfy, and are great to wear with boots for the winter.

Verdict: Kept

3. Skies are Blue Medea Cut Out Sleeve Pullover Sweater--$68

 I appreciate my stylist finding me cozy, yet festive, sweaters for NYE, but the contrast between my (very pale) skin and the sweater wasn't doing it for me. It was cute, but not for me.

Verdict: Returned

4. Dee Elly Clare Lace Up Front Pullover--$64

This sweater just wasn't flattering on me. It was too bulky and oversized, and made me look dumpy. Plus, the lace-up necklace made me feel like a pirate. On the plus side, this sweater was really soft.

Verdict: Returned

5. Brixon Ivy Petey Beaded Cable Front Pullover--$68

 Now this is what I had in mind for NYE. We typically just stay in and eat, drink, and play on the Xbox. I wanted to be festive, yet still cozy, and this fit the bill. I actually ended up wearing this for our New Year's Eve festivities.

Verdict: Kept

This Fix was a 2/5 for me, which I consider a win, because I've been striking out lately with Stitch Fix.

If you're not familiar with Stitch Fix, it's a service where a stylist will pick out 5 pieces of clothing for you, based on an extensive profile that you complete. You pay $20 for the service, but if you keep something, that $20 will be deducted from your bill. If you purchase all 5 pieces, you receive a 25% discount.

If you would like to give it a try, here's my referral link. If you use my link, I'll get $25 toward my next Fix.

Happy shopping, and fingers crossed that my February Stitch Fix review is posted before Easter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment